Thursday, December 17, 2009

X1 Blade for Turf Toe Runners World Testimonial

TESTIMONIAL FROM RUNNERS WORLD FORUM


Re: Toe joint pain/Hallux Rigidus relief
posted at 10/29/2009 8:37 AM CDT

mrup
Posts: 1
First: 10/29/2009
Last: 10/29/2009
I had surgery in January 2009 to remove a bone spur on my left big toe. The doc said that this type of injury can stem from turf toe. I had turf toe in high school (10 years ago) and never got it treated. I began running longer distances (1 marathon, 2 halfs, 3rd in november) 2.5 years ago and started having issues last year with pain. I have the beginning of arthritis in the big toe joint.

I was contemplating a joint replacement but felt that this was too much too soon and just opted for the bone spur removal. I wasn't convinced that was going to work and felt it might prevent me even more from running. It took a while for me to get back into it as I didn't fully recover from the surgery for at least 3-4 months (doc said 1-2). He gave me a very stiff composite carbon graphite plate to put in my shoe but it definitely was not good for running as it stiffened the entire shoe and made running uncomfortable.

Luckily I found a different insert that is more flexible throughout but still stiff where you need it (beneath the big toe). It is called the X1 Blade turf toe insert made by Indiana Brace (http://02b20d1.netsolstores.com/X1BladeforTurfToePain.aspx). I found the X1 Blade for turf toe extremely helpful in getting back into running. I read testimonials and talked to Clyde Peach who makes them. I recommend this before any other surgery and wish I knew about the X1 Blade turf toe insole 10 years ago.

Best of luck.

Mike, 28

No comments: