Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SESAMOIDITIS PAIN? X1 BLADE/CROCS COMBO MAY HELP


I have had several occasions to successfully treat sesamoiditis with a modified X1 Blade and Crocs Silver Insole combination.

Here is how I did it:

To take the load off the first met I trimmed the X1 Blade back - leaving enough of the blade to load the second metatarsal which will transfer the load to the 3rd, 4th and 5th met. The trim also creates a relief pocket for the sesamoids to nest in.

I Left the X1 Blade full length to stiffen the shoe for immobilization, and because the X1 Blade has a rocker bottom design it helps to maintan more normal gait like a good walker boot bottom such as the Bledsoe J Walker (excellent product + great price).

Finally, I placed the modified X1 Blade into the shoe containing the affected great toe. I then layer on a Crocs Silver Insole. I use Crocs Silver Insoles because of the unique Croslite material. The Croslite provides excellent shock absorbing value. I have measured many off-the -shelf insoles for their pressure relieving qualities using an AcuStep System; a Crocs insert works best.

No comments: