Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Clyde's TKE - Terminal Knee Extender Features:
- Simple to use, so patient compliance is high.
- Very lightweight extension device (weighs approximately 2.5 pounds) - very portable for use during the workday.
- Low-profile - easy to store away when not in use.
- Patient easily adjusts the tension of the straps to tighten the leg positioning each day while the leg gains more and more extension capabilities.
- A complimentary adjunct to physical therapy programs for patients with knee flexion contractures (extension loss)
- Manufacturer warrants this product for one year against any defects in materials and workmanship.
Clyde's TKE - 10-Minute Protocol:
1. While seated upright on the floor place the thin rigid end of the device under the buttock.
2. Place the heel in the foam riser then it's the frame to the users comfort extension.
3. Place the passive pressure strap just above the knee applying the first slight pressure for two minutes.
4. Then every two minutes inflate the bladder with two puffs from the inflation bulb. The inflation elevates the heel naturally gliding the knee toward terminal extension.
5. The last two minutes? Well - the user should only be thinking about one thing. "Hey, when am I getting out of Clyde's TKE!"
This procedure is generally performed three times per day for ten minutes per session until full extension is accomplished.NOTE: It can also be advantageous in overcoming long standing extension problems by simply lengthening the application time. Always consult with your doctor or therapist and follow their recommendations.Available Sizes: Universal size; can be used on both the right or left knee.