Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Clyde's X1 Blade Customer Comments

Hi Clyde: I received the first pair or what I already have. Thanks. I'm attaching some information that you probably already know but might still be interesting. Some misc comments: 1. I only have a problem with my left toe and right foot is thankfully normal. However it seems that in order to have an even gait that wearing same thing in both shoes makes sense. I don't know if I'm right here. What do you think? Have you ever had anyone do what I'm doing before? I'd really like to know as I don't want to mess up my feet in the long run. 2. Going thinner is definitely the right direction with your inserts. Because of the bunion on the top of my toe your insert can sometimes crowd the toe box and it is far to uncomfortable to wear with many shoes. It really depends on the shoe. 3. Regarding shoes I can not recommend highly enough for your clients the New balance MW 928 walker. It is the update to there very successful 927 which I also wear. I can walk pain free in these shoes. I put your insert in them for extra firmness. The other brand that is surprisingly comfortable and cheap are called Flip Flops. They are made in Britain and I can also walk without insert pain free in them. I wouldn't try to run but it does the trick as a casual. I hope this gets out to help others they have been a godsend to me. 4. Regarding reverse morton's extensions and the literature that I'm enclosing from Dr. Kirby in California it appears he is the leader amongst DPMs in the orthotics area. I don't know why but he is quite highly regarded. However, there is no literature or comparative research which shows that reverse Morton's work better for Functional Hallux Limitus or Structural Hallux Limitus. Indeed the criteria for defining the difference between the two conditions is confusing. I know because two DPMs called my case by both. The last DPM, Dr S.S., was the most credible and all the others seem to look up to him as a sage in the field of foot surgery. It seems agreed that for Hallux Rigidus a full Morton's extension is called for. In fact the article you sent me by the Rochester orthopod I believe just used a carbon plate to firm up the whole foot. Correct? Have you wondered what one of your inserts would be like if you just made the whole toe unit in the same firmness as the extension? It might be interesting because it would seem that you want an even consistent bending of the toes through the gait but maybe Morton figured that out. 5. The problem with your competition is that the products are far to rigid and thick to work for any length of time for most people in most shoes. This is IMO of course. There is no reason to have a rigid plate all the way through your foot where the need is specific to the toe. I do believe that the additional firmness that your inserts brings does help support things overall. The best studies done thus far aren't very good but they show that off the shelf inserts work just as well as the hyped up custom inserts and I'm in agreement. This works to your benefit of course. I'm still astounded that after seeing 4 very busy DPMs - 3 of which recommended Youngswick or variation osteotomies that Dr. S.S. debunked the whole procedure saying that Youngswick doesn't even do Youngswick procedure anymore. Wouldn't you think that there would be some general consensus? At least within a 70 mile radius amongst DPMs in South Florida? Looking forward to trying the reverse m. ext. Regards, Carl

No comments: