Thursday, June 7, 2012

From Runner's World Forum


       

Anything to help turf toe problems? 


            


I have turf toe and I want to heal quicker, but since I have to walk so often I don't think it'll heal as quickly. Is there any shoe inserts that would help? The ones I use are just for cushion and they haven't made a difference.








You could try the X1 Blade shoe inserts:

I've also heard of people running in trail shoes that have a stiff "rock stop" plate in the forefoot. 

I have a similar problem, though it's in the first knuckle of the big toe instead of the MT joint. I can flex my toe up and down but I can't bend it. I find that a little padding under the MT joint works pretty well for me. Dr. Scholl's Molefoam padding is cheap and easy to use. I cut off a piece of molefoam about the size of two fingers and attach it to the under side of my sock liner, just about there the metal "blade" in the X1 orthotic is. Again,, something like that might work for you too, but it really depends on how bad your turf toe is. 

No comments: