Monday, June 4, 2012

Contact Name: Fiona Phone: 0208 xxx xxxx Email Address: hot.txxxxx.xxxx@hotmail.co.uk Comments or Questions: Hi there, I believe when I fell very badly, almost a year ago now, that I broke my 2nd toe of my left foot. It has slowly become more and more crooked/deformed. It started with the first joint becoming rigid. Now the 2nd joint is causing my toe to be almost bent in half! I cannot wear ANYTHING apart from a 2year old pair of soft, leather pumps. I had Morton's Neuroma operated on in 2008. I used to be a ballet dancer & was fit as a fiddle. Obviously, I couldn't exercise during the many years of pain, prior to my neurectomy. Now, I can get about, using my car, sadly, I can't walk at the speed I would like to; sometimes I have pain on walking [due to my ? badly broken toe]. I'd like to go the gym; if only to do half hour on the rowing machine [less impact on the feet]. I'm not sure if I should go to the gym, as I don't want to aggravate my toe. My first ortho. appt. is not till August [NHS!] but I'm seeking a private opinion, sooner. Would any of your insoles be of benefit to me? In winter boots, I still wear [and still need] the hospital-prescribed insoles, post-Morton's Neuroma excision. Thank you. I'm rather excited, as the testimonials I've read are very encouraging! I want to get back to the way I was, before the fall. I'm a Registered Nurse, working in several schools, so need to be very mobile. Regards, F. ------------- Clyde's response - I suggest an X1 Blade medium shoe stiffner with a pair of New Balance MW 928's.

No comments: