Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hallux Rigidus Pain Relief - Flipped X1 Blades

    A physician called me last week from San Diego who has been using bilateral X1 Blades to treat his hallux rigidus. He said that his left X1 Blade wasn't working as well as it had when he first bought the pair 9 months earlier in controlling his hallux rigidus pain. I suggested - by text - that he take the right X1 Blade flip it over and put it in his left shoe and take the left X1 Blade and flip it over and put it in his right shoe.  I wrote that the effect would be to create a more rigid forefoot insert and that it would add more spring at toe off.    
    I also told him several X1 Blade customers were using "flipped" X1 Blades and liked them better that way.
   He called me that afternoon, "Wow, Clyde thanks for the text. Your a genius. I did what you suggested and my feet have never felt better. I love these flipped X1 Blades - my toe pain is gone again."

No comments: