Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Severe Hallux Rigidus Uses Hiker X1 Blade - Q&A

Questions from S.R.: "Clyde, I wanted to get a second X1 Blade to have a backup. I have the Hiker model for my severe hallux rigidus. I couldn't figure out the difference between your new Reverse Morton's Extension model for hallux limitus and sesamoiditis and the regular Hiker model I am currently using. Is hallux rigidus more severe than hallux limitus?"....Clyde: "Yes,in many cases." S.R.: "OK,so I'm better off with the Hiker?" .....Clyde - "Is the Hiker model working for you?" S.R.: "Yes, if I place the Hiker model X1 Blade in my shoe first then place my "altered" orthotic on top. The alteration to the orthotic you ask? I cut-away the material from the orthotic that is directly under my big toe. It allows my big toe to have a little extra down angle. The modification has made a huge difference along with your X1 Blade. Much less pain and minimal swelling".....Clyde: "I think based on what you have told me that my new Reverse Morton's offset design will certainly help."S.R.: "OK, I'll order one and try it."

No comments: